EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Wayne Pounds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 08:33:23 -0700
What P said in Naples

After Pound was released from St. Eliz, he arrived
back in Italy at Naples. He gave an interview there,
and it was reported in the Italian papers. I have
located several articles but none that reports what he
said. Like P's later biographers, they report the
fascist salute, but not the words he said.

Clue: Whatever he said, he quoted the then head of
state Gronchi. In 1959 he complained to Gino Saviotti
that none of the reporters had recognized the source
of his words. Then he handed GS a sheet of paper on
which he had written in hand, "For a New Rights of
Man." The first item was that everyone has a right to
have his ideas examined one at a time. (In Bacigalupo,
Poeta a Rapallo.)

Could some one please tell me what Pound said, and
give me a reference I can pursue? I asked this
question a few months back, but I'm still stuck.

=====
Via Betti, 289E/2
16035 Rapallo (GE)
Italy