EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Pawel Karwowski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 21:27:55 +0100
On Wed, 06 Dec 2000, Nikolay Nikiforov wrote:

> >> There are Jews, there is senate etc. There was once civilization in USA.
>
> I've just been recalling some passages from Guide. I don't think Pound
> was  anti-semitic.  At  least  in  what  I've read of him.

Mr Nikiforov, you really dont know what you are talking about. Have you heard
about Pound speeches via radio Rome ? There is a lot of evidence that E.P. was
an anti-semite, but until now I was sure it has no real meaning for Pounds list.
I start to suspect I was mistaken...

> Everyone has a fortune of his own and a history of his own and a duty of
> his   own.   You   cannot   exchange  these  things. Personally I feel
> someway  oppressed  by,  let  us  say,  Jews...

Jesus Christ.. We were having in Polands recent presidential elections one
candidate, who expressed anti-semitic statements in his campain.
He scored the last - 13 place with a couple of thousends of votes (for a
population of 40 milions).
But even his statements were not as much directly antisemitic as yours, Sir.
He was generally disapproved by more than 99.9 % of Poles.

>There are  people  here  working  on  the  reform  which will damage Russian
> language,  there  are  people  who  publish  just  _insane_ books full
> of   _enormous_ libel on all the Russian culture.

Can you spare to me (and I hope not only to me) this sort of "russian folk
wisdom". I only believe that if some Americans read me, they can see right now
that polish policy of "isolation from mother Russia", has solid background in the
minds of citizens of our eastern neighbours.
So you - the Russians feel endangered by Jews, Martians, Poles, Tchetschens,
Japs and God Knows Who Else ???
But it is state of mind of Germans in mid 30-tees and 40-tees. Everybody knows
how it has ended.

> I do not believe USA to be civilized
> country   (one   needs  not go to Florida to say this).

Hmmm... And that is saying a member of Eastern Slavic - Russian Nation.

So me - the member of Western Slavic - Polish Nation - I can give you Sir the
answer : I am simply convinced, that XX cent. history of Soviet Union and
Russia after 1991 and befor 1917 does not give you ANY LAW of judgement of
who is (or who is not) civilized.
You forget about gulags Sir, and 50 millions of victims. And dont blame Jews,
Poles, Americans and Martians for what has happened.
It is your own history.

Gulags  were not invented in USA, Poland, Izrael or on Mars.

It is your own history - the history of Russian People.

And blame for that history only yourself, and if you dont like it - just settle
on the another planet, planet without Jews, Americans or Poles.

And the first thing you - the Russians will build on this another planet those
will be unquestionably - gulags Sir.

Because I dont think that you took any lesson from your own XX cent history and
it is definietely not pessimistic but only realistic point of view.

Pawel Karwowski
Cracovia 12.12.2000