EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Pawel Karwowski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 12:12:22 +0200
Well I am mostly a reader of this discussion group but I would like to comment
those statments:

On Sun, 28 May 2000, En Lin Wei wrote:

> I think that the attempt to compare imperialisms is wrought with great
> difficulty, precisely because a Guatemalan Mayan peasant's view of the issue
> would differ sharply from a Polish worker's view.  The former, having
> suffered deaths of 200,000 of his compatriots-- at the hands of US backed
> regimes run by US trained soldiers-- would be among the harshest critics of
> US imperialism.  The latter would tend to view America as the great savior.

That depends Mr Wei, because I remember very, very well reaction of Polish
workers on Vietnam war and this reaction was generally saying and in the best
case - neutral, I mean - many people have seen that war as conflict of
interest between big powers and a lot of them did not support U.S. side.

Certainly we do appreciate U.S. role in both World Wars. We remember still 13
point of president's Wilson peace plan (thats about independent Poland),
American support for Solidarity movement and finally American agreement for our
NATO membership.
Anyway in this part of "Old Continent" I am from there always has been something
"warm" for New World something I would call "warm feelings" and I think thats
true for practically all Middle Europeans .

I can give you Mr Wei different example of simplicity, white & black
seeing the world which are characteristical in my opinion not the for the
Polish workers but certainly for the rulers (goverment &communist party) of
People's Republic of China who for 50 years leads troglodytes - style policy and
acculturation directed against Tibetan Nation.

Pawel Karwowski
professional forestman & biotop reasercher
semi-professional E.P. translator
Linux programmer & a lots of other staff

Wroclaw/ Breslau 04.06.2000

    WYGRAJ odtwarzacz MP3 Daewoo Magic w KONKURSIE Magazynu WWW
http://www.www-mag.com.pl/cgi-bin/konkurs0001/rm.pl?i=00-05-22dk01ko