ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Nonni Daly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 09:42:34 -0400
To members of the list: I sent this to Dan privately.  I share it with
you as well.

Dan --
        It was the Aha!  I know where he's gonna be tone of your post that set
people off here.  If he wanted this to be a media event, UMaine would
have been releasing information every day.  As it is, they haven't put
anything out since last Thursday.  Whether or not that is the right way
to handle something with such a public person, I don't know.  I do know
that is the way Shawn wanted it.
        If I offended you, I am sorry.  It has been a little crazy around here
with people digging for information which they have no business
knowing.  The information about his condition came out a day earlier
than planned because he was ambushed by a local television person at
his home.  Kind of a Gonzo Sports mode.
        Please understand that it is equally difficult for those of us who are
hoping for his recovery and are as involved in the prayerful side of
this as you are.  He asked to be protected and that's what is going on
here.  He has that right.
Nonni