ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Nonni Daly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 06:40:34 -0500
Yes, Cathy and I were on the phone wondering about the fluke nature of
that call -- of course ref Mike Schmitt is from the WCHA and might have
been trying to make it happen for North Dakota as they meet Maine in
Providence.
        But, as the two 39's tangled along the boards and, admittedly, the
camera angle wasn't the best, both started to go down with Cory the
first one going.  Were my old eyes (thanks, Cathy :-) tired or did I
see Comrie two-hand Cory on the helmet with his stick.  I'm damned sure
I did and a "slight nudge" from Cory wasn't anything but a reaction.
Cory has never played it that way in four years and we all know it.  If
one went, they both should have gone.
        Comrie is a ham -- probably should get the Sarah Bernhardt rather than
the Hobey ...
Nonni Daly