EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
K Stevens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 08:56:10 -0800
More complicated than the syllabic structure of the haiku is the
required theme -- its relationship to seasonal changes.  How much did
Pound know about thematic requirements of a series of haiku?

Christopher, have you studied renga? I would think you might be
interested in their place in the history of the oral poem.  And has
anyone studied a possible relationship between renga and cantos?

And one more question, I have been looking for a collection of renga,
the product of a multilingual experiment between Octavio Paz and some
others.  Does anyone know where I might find it?

Thanks,
Kristen