EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Daniel Pearlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 12:22:34 -0500
There is a direct connection between Pound's theory of harmony
and his own prosodics.  I wrote an Agenda article on this many
years ago.  I don't think Shafer gets into it at all.
==Dan

At 05:11 PM 03/27/2002 +0000, you wrote:
>Thank you all for your leads and advice, they have been pursued and
>digested, respectively.
>

>>--- Paul Rowland <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I'm writing a collection of poems 'based' on
>> > Mahler's nearly-10 symphonies.
>> > One of my colleagues has a vague recollection of a
>> > poem, or sequence, by an
>> > American poet based on a Mahler symphony. Surname
>> > beginning with 'G'
>> > perhaps. Ring any bells?
>> >
>> > Also, I am writing a paper on 'What Pound got from
>> > music', following up my
>> > own interest in the use a poet can make of music in
>> > his work. Can you point
>> > me in the direction of any articles or essays or
>> > books that may be of
>> > interest? I've read Schafer, Michael Ingham, Xiros
>> > Cooper, Noel Stock,
>> > Kenner.
>> >
>> > Do you have an original insight as to what Pound got
>> > from music? I have left
>> > this question purposely ill-defined.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Paul Rowland.

Dan Pearlman's home page:
http://pages.zdnet.com/danpearl/danpearlman/

My new fiction collection, THE BEST-KNOWN MAN IN THE WORLD AND OTHER
MISFITS, may be ordered online at http://www.aardwolfpress.com/
"Perfectly-crafted gems": Jack Dann, Nebula & World Fantasy Award winner

Director, Council for the Literature of the Fantastic:
http://www.uri.edu/artsci/english/clf/

OFFICE:
Department of English
University of Rhode Island