EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Paul Rowland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 14:09:32 +0000
Hi,

I'm writing a collection of poems 'based' on Mahler's nearly-10 symphonies.
One of my colleagues has a vague recollection of a poem, or sequence, by an
American poet based on a Mahler symphony. Surname beginning with 'G'
perhaps. Ring any bells?

Also, I am writing a paper on 'What Pound got from music', following up my
own interest in the use a poet can make of music in his work. Can you point
me in the direction of any articles or essays or books that may be of
interest? I've read Schafer, Michael Ingham, Xiros Cooper, Noel Stock,
Kenner.

Do you have an original insight as to what Pound got from music? I have left
this question purposely ill-defined.

Thanks,

Paul Rowland.