EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
charles moyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 08:13:49 -0700
    The beanery oracles finally speak to us anchorites and misfits from
their erudite seats of intellectual priviledge and burden, and what do we
hear?- nothing but the same otiose haroughing and clearing of their measured
(regelmaessig) dry throats. What an irony that Pound understood and spoke
freely against "political correctness" before it was called by any other
name than cowardly conformity. If there is any doubt about this just look at
his letter to the Alumni Secretary of the University of Pennsylvania, 1929.
Some of us have seen what mental "potty training" (political correctness)
does for one's advancement and have observed the expediency of its promotion
and practice although we haven't chosen to participate in its institutional
and pharisaical investiture.
    Now Hatlen speaks and Mt. Sinai is supposed to tremble. We don't want to
hear about "The Dark Side of the Left: Illiberal Egalitarianism in America"
(Ellis's title) - In other words, we will not stand for being called by
words which define us when we have labored so hard to be ambiguous and
inscrutable. And we could save the world from our 4X4 windowless offices if
it just wasn't for those insensitive guys blocking our efforts. "In Dubious
Battle" has slipped off the shelf and fallen behind the OED, and I can't
seem to find my copy of "Magister Ludi". How did it end?
    But take a safe stance and don't jeopardize your job. Bow your heads
with the rest of the congregation at commencement exercises, and thank God
you're a two-car-in-the -garage leftist liberal when you KNOW there's more
to it than the ravings of a handful of fundamentalist idiots.

    "The pusillanimous wanting all men cut down to worm size."  SNIP SNIP
SNIP

    -"till there is no clear thought about holiness
      a dung flow from 1913
      and in this, their kikery functioned, Marx, Freud
      and the american beaneries
      Filth under filth,
                 Maritain, Hutchins,
       or as Benda remarked: "La trahison"

The treason of the intellectuals? Benda, Terrell tells us, believes "it is
moral treason to deny intellectual freedom to political candidates"??
HA! What one among them today would dare to exercise anything but advised
conditioned responses based on the latest polls or their PR staff of
motivational researchers? What is the value of intellectual freedom for
those who sell it so cheaply? Left or Right?

CDM

p.s. The line is "What thou lovest well REMAINS" not "endures. Although they
mean the same there is consonance here with preceding m's.