EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
charles moyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 08:19:23 -0700
    Forget it, Wei. I guess filibustering is a part of democracy that's here
to stay. Still as Mark Twain  once mused, "It's a terrible death to be
talked to death." But you forgot an important part of Nietzsche's well
metaphor. - "We have no way of preventing people from darkening us". i.e.
the politically correct self-righteous who zealously protect the moral high
ground from the onslaughts of horrid elitist individualist who don't cherish
the useful fantasy of a totally egalitarian society, even if there are alot
of votes to be had there.
 That said, from one of your last tomes we read the following;
    "I would go so far as to suggest that the vast majority of Pound critics
(including a majority of those subscribed to this list --- dare I say it?)
have not demonstrated sufficient knowledge of Confucius, Confusionism, or
Chinese history to make a final judgement on the subject of the
POUND-FACISM-CONFUCIANISM issue." Mea Culpe.
    Well, just for the hell of it -  Let's vote. How many on this list feel
that there is enough pertinent information to warrant an entirely new list
which would be dedicated to those "highly interested" in (not obsessed with)
the study of the POUND-FACISM-CONFUCIANISM issue?
    I vote, YES, there is.

Come on people, smile on your brother (even if he is an aspiring
uebermensch),

CDM