UROCK Archives

Univ College Rockland Students

UROCK@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deborah Meehan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deborah Meehan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 2010 12:23:28 -0400
will host a *Justice Studies career and academic information session* for
current and prospective University of Maine at Augusta students to learn
more about the Justice
Studies*A.S.*<http://www.uma.edu/assets/docs/checksheets/2010/Associates/ASJUS.pdf>,
*B.S.* <http://www.uma.edu/assets/docs/checksheets/2010/Bachelors/BSJUS.pdf>and
* **Paralegal*<http://www.uma.edu/assets/docs/checksheets/2010/Certificates/CPS.pdf>certificate.

Join us for a lively interactive discussion with UMA faculty member, Mary
Louis Davitt on *Monday, June 21, from 4-5 PM. *

Topics include:

   - What are the *career options
<http://www.uma.edu/justicestudies.html>*and trends for graduates?
   - What are the certificate and *degree requirements*?
   - When and in what *formats* are courses offered?
   - How can the flexible degree program be tailored to meet your *professional
   goals*?
   - What types of* internships* & other special learning opportunities are
   available?

“Justice Studies offers a variety of programs--a paralegal certificate, an
advocacy minor, a criminal justice concentration as well as a community
policing and a forensics certificate,” said *Mary Louis Davitt*, Professor
of Legal Technology. All required courses are available at a distance; most
are available online. “We believe that while our online offerings challenge
students and faculty, they also enhance the academic and public discussion
of important and timely topics throughout the state.”

Join us today at 4:00pm at URock to learn more.

Deborah Meehan

Director, University College at Rockland

91 Camden Street, Suite #402

Rockland, Maine 04841

207-596-6906 or 800-286-1594

www.learn.maine.edu/rockland