UC_BATHBRUN Archives

Univ College Bath-Brunswick Students

UC_BATHBRUN@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Dennis Unger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dennis Unger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Dec 2011 16:07:59 -0500
Newsletter 12/2/11 | Bath / Brunswick

[image: Description: University College]

*Bath / Brunswick <http://learn.maine.edu/bath>***

*Newsletter 12/2/11*

Click here to view in a web browser<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/newsletter/>

*Give!*

Celebrate the giving season by donating a gift to a local child through *The
Holiday Giving Tree* (*12/13*), donating *pet supplies* to our animal
friends in need, or contributing to the *holiday food drive* (*12/16*). All
details and collection boxes are in the lobby. Thanks for your spirited
generosity!

*Register now!*

*Spring 2012* <http://learn.maine.edu/bath/courses-programs/spring-2012/>course
registration is open for all seven UMS campuses. Degree and
non-degree students are now eligible to register. If you have not already
registered please register now. Call University College (442-7736) to
schedule a meeting with *Lisa Whitney*, Student Service Coordinator or with
*Dennis Unger*, Director.

*Preview!*

Get a sneak preview of two brand new spring course offerings on our *YouTube
* <http://www.youtube.com/user/universitycollegebb> Channel. *Pat
Clark*talks about her course, HUS 328
*Creative Development and Art for Young Children*. *Jim Seymour* discusses
DRA 151 *Play Production* which meets a fine arts performance requirement.

*Check delayed viewing options*

*Delayed viewing
policies<http://learn.maine.edu/files/2011/11/Spring2012DVPolicyTable.pdf>
* for spring 2012 ITV courses are now listed on our website.

*Create!*

Congratulations to the UMA ART 100 Introduction to Studio Art students for
their *Student Art
Exhibit*<http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150429493553556.374888.95070528555&type=3>in
the lobby through
*12/9*. Thanks for sharing your work!

*Connect*

Join the S*tudent
Association*<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/about-us/student-association/>
* *meeting on Wednesday, *12/7* at noon, Room 120, to help the group
brainstorm kick-off events for the spring semester. All students are
welcome!

*Encourage a friend…*

Do you have a friend, family member or colleague who is interested in
college but has not tried a course? The *Osher Scholarship
program<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/get-started/osher-scholarships/>
* is designed to fund a first college course as a means of allowing a Maine
resident to test the waters. There are a limited number of Osher awards
available for the spring 2012 semester. Preference is given to first-time
students, and scholarships are available on a first-come, first-served
basis.

*Get quick cash!*

A book buyback is scheduled in the lobby on *12/13 through 12/15* from 11
am to 7 pm.

*Catch the recent MLT and CIS info sessions!*

If you missed the recent *Laboratory Technology
Program<http://capture.maine.edu/Panopto/Pages/Viewer/Default.aspx?id=32bb2eca-f66c-4f31-9af1-6a64ac0afec8>
* and *Computer Information
Systems*<http://capture.maine.edu/Panopto/Pages/Viewer/Default.aspx?id=fb751f76-3940-4c66-ad90-e797ef15392a>academic
and career information sessions they are now available online.

*Prepare for a snow day*

We announce *storm cancellations* with a variety of media. Check
*here<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/about-us/center-policies/>
* for details.

*Begin!*

Spring semester classes begin on :*1/9*: UM, UMA, *1/17*: UMF, UMFK, UMPI,
USM, *1/18*: UMM. Check
*here<http://www.maine.edu/pdf/ACADEMICCALENDAR2011-12.pdf>
* for a the spring 2012 academic calendar.

*Stay connected!*

Stay tuned in to UCBB news, events and fun through our
*Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bath-ME/University-College-at-BathBrunswick/95070528555?ref=s>
* page. It’s a great place to stay connected with your colleagues!

[image: Description: ucbb wave
logo]<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/files/2010/07/bbc_wave_31.jpg>

[image: Description:
http://learn.maine.edu/bath/wp-content/themes/uc-main/images/newsletter/shadow.gif]

Latest News & Events

*Book Buyback <http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/11/18/book-buyback/>***

This semester’s book buyback is scheduled for Tuesday, December 13, through
Thursday, December 15, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. in the center lobby.
More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/11/18/book-buyback/>

*Catch the holiday
spirit<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/11/14/catch-holiday-spirit/>
***

Join the MCHE Student Association to brighten the holidays for local boys
and girls in need.
More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/11/14/catch-holiday-spirit/>

*Register for spring
courses!<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/11/04/register-spring-courses/>
***

Spring 2012 course registration on MaineStreet is open for degree and
non-degree students.
More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/11/04/register-spring-courses/>

*Collaborate! <http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/09/27/collaborate/>***

Students can self-schedule study groups, joint projects and other student
initiated meetings in our newly outfitted student collaboration
spaces. More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/09/27/collaborate/>

*Stay connected! <http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/09/26/stay-connected/>***

Get the UCBB events calendar with your UMS Google apps!
More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/09/26/stay-connected/>

© University College. All rights reserved.
9 Park Street | Bath, ME 04530
(207) 442-7736 or 1-800-696-2329 (in state) | Fax: (207) 442-7737

Having trouble viewing this email? Click
here.<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/newsletter/>