UC_BATHBRUN Archives

Univ College Bath-Brunswick Students

UC_BATHBRUN@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Dennis Unger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dennis Unger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2013 19:27:01 -0500
Newsletter 1/14/13 | Bath / Brunswick

Having trouble viewing this email? Click
here.<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/newsletter/>

[image: University College] <http://learn.maine.edu/>

*Bath / Brunswick <http://learn.maine.edu/bath>***

*Newsletter 1/14/13*

*Click here to view in a web browser<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/newsletter/>
*

*Happy new semester & welcome back!*

The *spring 2013
semester*<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/courses-programs/spring/>begins
on
*1/14* for UM, UMA and USM classes. UMF, UMFK and UMPI begin on Tuesday, *
1/22*. UMM classes begin on Wednesday, *1/23*. Check the *academic
calendar*<http://www.maine.edu/pdf/ACADEMICCALENDAR2012-13.pdf>for
winter and spring break dates or subscribe to the
*UCBB events calendar*<[log in to unmask]&ctz=America/New_York&gsessionid=OK" target="_blank">https:[log in to unmask]&ctz=America/New_York&gsessionid=OK>
.

*Enjoy an “Unexpected Thaw”!*

The center lobby has been transformed with a warm and vibrant art
show, *“Unexpected
Thaw”* <http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2013/01/03/enjoy-unexpected-thaw/>organized
by our valued community partner,
*Spindleworks <http://www.spindleworks.org/>*. Bring your own sunscreen!

*Renew now!*

File or renew your 2013-14 *FAFSA* <http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/> now! For
assistance, attend an
*MEOC*<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/get-started/financial-aid/essentials-of-college-planning-workshops/>workshop
or a
*Welcome Back College*<http://www.welcomebackcollege.com/2012/12/free-financial-aid-workshops-for-adults.html>workshop.
Please file
*before 2/15* to meet the priority deadline!

*Have a slice*

The *Student Association<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/about-us/student-association/>
* is serving pizza slices from Bath’s world-famous *Cabin Restaurant* on *
1/15*, *1/16* & *1/17*. This is a great opportunity to socialize with your
classmates and learn about the Student Association’s plans for the semester.

*Honor Martin Luther King*

University College at Bath/Brunswick will be closed Monday, *1/21* in
observance of the *Martin Luther King
holiday*<http://www.thekingcenter.org/king-holiday>
.

*Access the center*

UCBB *Business Office hours* this semester are 8 am to 4 pm. *Building hours
* are: Mondays, 8 am to 9:45 pm; Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, 7:15
am to 9:45 pm; Fridays, 8 am – 6:45 pm.

*Volunteer and earn a tuition waiver*

We are recruiting volunteers to join our student office staff for the
spring semester. We are especially seeking volunteers to staff evening
hours. Volunteers are eligible to a earn a UMA tuition waiver. FMI or to
apply contact *Arlene Smith* <[log in to unmask]>.

*Strengthen your writing!*

Need help creating a thesis, citing a source, or punctuating a sentence?
The *UMA Writing Center* offers these and other tutoring services to
distance learners at UC by phone, email, and videochat. Work from UCBB or
from home. Call (207) 621-3199 to access tutors Monday – Thursday, 9-4.
Email *[log in to unmask]* <[log in to unmask]> with an attached
essay for feedback within 48 hours. Join a Google Hangout session with
Writing Center Coordinator Michelle Lisi, available by appointment every
Friday this semester. Not sure which method will work best for you? Get in
touch, and we’ll set something up!

*Find Your Place in Today’s Job Market*

Are you undecided or uncertain about your career pathway? Register for
a *Career
Planning *<http://womenworkandcommunity.org/schedules/career-planning-find-your-place-in-todays-11/>course
offered by Women, Work and Community. *Shelley
Taylor*<[log in to unmask]>will lead this no-cost class which
meets on Tuesday and Thursdays from 9 am
to noon, from *1/29* through *2/12*. Call 386-1664 to sign-up.

*Build Your Resume Doing Good*

Volunteer with the *Midcoast CA$H
coalition*<http://www.cashmaine.org/locations/midcoast/updates/news/build-your-resume-doing-good-2>and
help individuals and families prepare their tax returns. Gain
marketable skills working with people and preparing taxes. FMI: *Sharon Ross
* <[log in to unmask]> at 373-1140, ext. 206.

*Like us!*

Stay connected to your classmates and to breaking news, events and fun by
liking us on* Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bath-ME/University-College-at-BathBrunswick/95070528555?ref=s>
*.

[image:
http://learn.maine.edu/bath/wp-content/themes/uc-main/images/newsletter/shadow.gif]

Latest News & Events

*Register now for spring
courses!<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/12/02/register-spring-courses-2/>
***

Spring 2013 open registration for degree and non-degree students is ongoing
for all campuses.
More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/12/02/register-spring-courses-2/>

*Collaborate! <http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/11/12/collaborate/>***

Students can self-schedule study groups, joint projects and other student
initiated meetings in our newly outfitted student collaboration
spaces. More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/11/12/collaborate/>

*Checkout our YouTube
channel!<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/11/12/checkout-youtube-channel/>
***

Hear from University College students and faculty. Checkout our YouTube
channel! More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/11/12/checkout-youtube-channel/>

*Earn Secondary
Certification<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/08/07/earn-secondary-certification/>
***

Students who wish to teach high school can now earn their credentials
through University College at Bath/Brunswick.
More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/08/07/earn-secondary-certification/>

*Discover online, non-credit career training
programs<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/07/09/discover-online-non-credit-career-training-programs/>
***

University College in partnership with ed2go, offers high quality career
training programs online.
More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/07/09/discover-online-non-credit-career-training-programs/>

© University College. All rights reserved.
9 Park Street | Bath, ME 04530
(207) 442-7736 or 1-800-696-2329 (in state) | Fax: (207) 442-7737