UC_BATHBRUN Archives

Univ College Bath-Brunswick Students

UC_BATHBRUN@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Dennis Unger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dennis Unger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 May 2013 21:04:11 -0400
Newsletter 5/19/13 | Bath / Brunswick

Having trouble viewing this email? Click
here.<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/newsletter/>

[image: University College] <http://learn.maine.edu/>

*Bath / Brunswick <http://learn.maine.edu/bath>***

*Newsletter 5/19/13*

*Click here to view in a web browser<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/newsletter/>
*

*Celebrate!*

Congratulations to all of this year’s graduates! The Midcoast Center for
Higher Education Student Association honored our *2013 Bath
Graduates<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2013/04/28/celebrating-graduates/>
* on Friday, 5/3 at the Bath Golf Club.
*Program*<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/files/2013/05/2013-grad-celebration-program.pdf>highlights
included greetings from
*Ronald Cantor*, President, Southern Maine Community College and featured
remarks from *Bud Merckens*, Faculty, University of Maine at Augusta. Click
*here*<http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151596859628556.1073741829.95070528555&type=1>for
photos of the send-off.

*Thank you!*

A special thank you to our 2012-13 Student Association Officers who worked
throughout the year to strengthen our community: *Shannon Landry*,* *
Co-Chair:* Hazel Subong*, Co-Chair:* Lisa Archer*, Secretary:* Julie
Carleton*, Treasurer:* Joline Connolly-Allen*, Activities Chair:* Angie
MacKenzie*, Communications Chair (Spring 2013): *Shawn Veasey*,
Communications Chair (Fall 2012). SA officer elections will take place in
early September.

*Start summer!*

UMA summer session one and three classes begin on Monday *5/20*. There are
many more *summer
classes*<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/courses-programs/course-schedule/>from
the UMS campuses that begin throughout the summer. Registration is
ongoing. The *center hours* through 7/5 are: Monday and Wednesday, 7:30 am
to 6:45 pm; Tuesday and Thursday, 8 am to 9:45 pm; Friday, 8 am to 4 pm.

*Register for fall*

The *fall 2013 course*<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/courses-programs/fall2013/>registration
is ongoing. Register now to avoid closed courses. Call
442-7736 to schedule an advising appointment with *Lisa Whitney* or *Dennis
Unger*.

*Gain insight into trade and technology careers!***

A panel discussion of local opportunities for entering *trade and technical
careers*<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/files/2013/05/Trades-and-Technical-Panel-05232013Flyer.pdf>is
scheduled for Thursday,
*5/23*, from 11:30 am – 12:30 pm, at University College at Bath/Brunswick.
FMI and to register please contact: 386-1664 or [log in to unmask]

*Remember*

University College will close on Monday, *5/27* in observance of *Memorial
Day <http://www.va.gov/opa/speceven/memday/history.asp>*.

*Jump-start your job search*

The Midcoast Career Center in Brunswick has a series of *job search
workshops*<http://www.mainecareercenter.com/locations/region4/brunswick/index.shtml>(resume
writing, interviewing) slated for June.

*Like us!*

Stay connected to your classmates and to breaking news, events and fun by
liking us on* Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bath-ME/University-College-at-BathBrunswick/95070528555?ref=s>
*.

[image:
http://learn.maine.edu/bath/wp-content/themes/uc-main/images/newsletter/shadow.gif]

Latest News & Events

*Register for summer and
fall!<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2013/04/28/register-fall-summer-courses/>
***

Call 442-7736 to schedule an advising appointment.
More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2013/04/28/register-fall-summer-courses/>

*Work-study or volunteer!<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2013/04/25/work-or-volunteer/>
***

Apply now for a summer work-study or volunteer position working in our
Business Office. More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2013/04/25/work-or-volunteer/>

*Congratulations to Michael
DeSisto!<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2013/04/06/honor-michael-desisto/>
***

The 2nd Annual University College at Bath/Brunswick Roast was held on
Friday, 4/19. More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2013/04/06/honor-michael-desisto/>

*Collaborate! <http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2013/02/12/collaborate/>***

Students can self-schedule study groups, joint projects and other student
initiated meetings in our newly outfitted student collaboration
spaces. More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2013/02/12/collaborate/>

*Checkout our YouTube
channel!<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/11/12/checkout-youtube-channel/>
***

Hear from University College students and faculty. Checkout our YouTube
channel! More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/11/12/checkout-youtube-channel/>

© University College. All rights reserved.
9 Park Street | Bath, ME 04530
(207) 442-7736 or 1-800-696-2329 (in state) | Fax: (207) 442-7737