NETWORKMAINE-ERATE Archives

Networkmaine ERate

NETWORKMAINE-ERATE@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Anne Perloff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Networkmaine ERate <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jun 2020 07:14:31 -0400
In the USAC Schools and Libraries News Brief issued on Friday (excerpted
below), USAC announced that beginning in late July, EPC and BEAR users will
use a new multifactor authentication login process (or MFA) that complies
with federal and FCC information security guidelines.

Once up and running, users will be required to log in to something called
One Portal - which is USAC's MFA security system - in order to access EPC
and BEARs.

Many of you are likely familiar with this sort of process, where you
provide an email or a cell phone number to receive a verification code each
time you log in.

*Please read the information contained in the News Brief below, and as
suggested, begin by adding [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> to your safe
senders list.*Many more details will become available in the weeks ahead.
For now, I can tell you the following:

   - If you have an EPC account: your One Portal login email will be your
   EPC login email and logging in will gain you access to EPC and to the BEAR
   filing system if you have a BEAR PIN
   - If you only have access to BEARs and not to EPC: your One Portal login
   email will be your BEAR login email
   - For the foreseeable future, after logging into One Portal, you will
   still need to provide your BEAR login credentials in order to access the
   BEAR system, but a second login is not needed for EPC. Once you are logged
   into One Portal, you will be logged into EPC.
   - After initial account set up, you can choose to receive verification
   codes via text message to a cell phone number or at the email address you
   prefer (this can be a different email address than your One Portal login
   address)
   - You will need a new one-time verification code each time you log in

Anne Perloff
Maine State E-Rate Coordinator for Schools
Networkmaine, University of Maine System US:IT

Web: erate.networkmaine.net

Email: [log in to unmask]

Phone: 207-581-3584

Mail: