NETWORKMAINE-ERATE Archives

Networkmaine ERate

NETWORKMAINE-ERATE@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Anne Perloff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Networkmaine ERate <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2023 10:36:27 -0500
USAC has completed the system consolidation of moving BEARS from the legacy
system to within EPC, which now includes an Invoicing Dashboard.

The attached guide explains everything you need to know about the new BEAR
functionality. Its length and detail may at first appear frightening, but
fret not!

The lowdown:

   - Set permissions first if you haven't already. This is a one and done -
   once they are set you won't have to revisit this unless you want to modify
   someone's permission or add a user.
   - Filing the BEAR itself should prove to be easier than the legacy
   version was, especially if you filed ECF BEARs. You will select available
   FRNs rather than typing numbers in (less chance of an error there), and the
   system will perform built-in validations as well as calculations.
   - You will have the ability to proactively include service provider
   bills during the creation of your BEAR.
   - Communications will be handled through the Invoicing Dashboard.
   Reviewers will send inquiries via task/email and you will respond directly.
   Again, this is similar to ECF communication processes.
   - Information about your invoice status will be available through the
   Invoicing Dashboard as well (no more secrets!)

The new Invoicing Dashboard has four tabs:

1. *My Organization* – Lists all your billed entities/service provider
identification numbers associated with your organization.

2. *My Forms and Requests* – Lists all the invoicing forms (FCC Forms
472/BEAR and/or 474/SPI) in progress or submitted and certified in the
portal. The page includes a dropdown to choose between the FCC Forms 472 or
474, a search by FCC Form number, and a filter to select the invoice
status. The form statuses are:

   - Incomplete – These are draft forms that have been started but not yet
      been submitted and certified.
      - Certified – These are forms that have been submitted and certified
      but have not been processed yet (i.e., forms in review).
      - Processed – These are processed forms, which may have been denied,
      reduced, or paid in full.
      - Canceled – These are forms canceled by your organization.

3. *My Pending Tasks *– Lists all pending tasks such as creating an FCC
Form 472/BEAR or 474/SPI or requests to upload documents.

4. *My Pending Inquiries* – Lists any pending inquiries from USAC invoice
reviewers for invoice line items in review.

Please reach out if you have any questions as you file your BEARs.

Anne Perloff
Maine State E-Rate Coordinator for Schools
Networkmaine, University of Maine System UMS:IT

Web: erate.networkmaine.net

Email: [log in to unmask]

Phone: 207-581-3584

Mail: