NETWORKMAINE-ERATE Archives

Networkmaine ERate

NETWORKMAINE-ERATE@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Anne Perloff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Networkmaine ERate <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2023 14:46:20 -0400
**** The message below is applicable to all who apply for E-Rate on their
own behalf (meaning filing for E-Rate for products and services other than
those that Networkmaine provides its members) ****

The News Brief from USAC below was sent out to their list subscribers a
little while ago. In case you don't receive such messages from USAC, I have
included it in its entirety. It is admittedly a lot of information to
digest, so here are just the main bullet points:

   - *BEARS are moving into EPC*
   - *The FY2022 BEAR deadline is October 30*
      - *To ensure a smooth transition, file any outstanding BEARs early
      enough so they are processed before the cutover*
      - *The last day to submit a BEAR in the SL Legacy systems is October
      30 at 7:30 p.m. (also the BEAR deadline!)*
   - *EPC will be then become unavailable between October 30 at 7:30 p.m.
   and November 7*
   - *Beginning on November 7: **BEARS for FY2016 and later must be
   submitted from within EPC*
   - *Make sure that all your current EPC users have the appropriate
   invoicing permissions assigned prior to the cutover*

The full News Brief describes some steps you should do to prepare, further
details about the consolidation, and training opportunities. I have
highlighted a few areas of import.

I will also be preparing one of my patented step by step guides for
submitting BEARs from within EPC as soon as possible once that
functionality becomes fully available.

Learn about the transition from SL Legacy systems to the E-Rate
> Productivity Center for Invoicing and post-commitment transactions as well
> as learning opportunities.
> View
> <https://view.outreach.usac.org/?qs=226b788da9f47d89c247bc1c639eefc14c95bbadecebce75affbacf69d2ad8c7bb6f7a35a6bab8c314df76a0a2a8fd8d67f243f74eb2d2a97e0bba192c61db9eda2d93ad5c88024f>
> this email as a web page.
> [image: USAC Banner]
> E-Rate Special Edition News Brief
> September 13, 2023
> E-Rate Systems Consolidation Transition Dates
>
> USAC is consolidating its E-Rate SL Legacy systems into the E-Rate
> Productivity Center (EPC).  *All E-Rate invoicing related forms *– the
> FCC Forms 472 (Billed Entity Applicant Reimbursement (BEAR)), 473 (Service
> Provider Annual Certification (SPAC)), and 474 (Service Provider Invoice
> (SPI) and (eSPI)) – will be moved into EPC as part of this consolidation
> effort. System cutover from the SL Legacy systems into EPC *is expected
> to occur between October 30, 2023 and November 7, 2023*.
>
> Access to *EPC will be unavailable for all users between October 30, 2023
> at 7:30 p.m. and November 7, 2023*.
>
>    - The *last day you can submit an invoice *in the SL Legacy systems *is
>    October 30, 2023, at 7:30 p.m. ET*.
>       - Invoices for *Funding Year (FY) 2016 and later* that are
>       submitted in SL Legacy systems before October 30, 2023, and not paid by the
>       cutover date will be migrated into EPC by USAC.
>       - Invoices for *FY2015 and earlier *submitted in SL Legacy systems
>       before October 30, 2023, will continue to be processed in the SL Legacy
>       systems.
>    - You *must submit FY2016 and later invoices in EPC beginning on
>    November 7, 2023*.
>    - For *FY2015 and earlier*, users will need to create a customer
>    service case in EPC and attach a fillable FCC Form 472 or 474 to process a
>    new request for reimbursement for FY2015 and earlier funding years. USAC
>    will provide the links to the forms and instructions on its website in the
>    coming weeks.
>    - After the E-Rate systems consolidation is completed, the *first
>    disbursements from EPC-processed requests for reimbursement are expected to
>    be on November 9, 2023*.
>

> In advance of the E-Rate systems transition, *please submit all current
> E-Rate invoices in a timely manner *to minimize the effect of any delays.
> Be sure to *request an invoice deadline extension
> <https://click.outreach.usac.org/?qs=b93d15c555d0261dbc98e491f2ea8af5af8a141d79edad65fb7aea3dfc19daeb1feee036eebffa48759af8ae73c05369200f5591c4f2b417>*
> if you believe you will not meet the deadline, or if your current invoice
> filing deadline date is between October 30, 2023 and November 7, 2023.
>
> To further assist applicants and service providers, USAC will post
> frequently asked questions about the E-Rate systems consolidation on the E-Rate
> FAQs
> [...]

Anne Perloff
Maine State E-Rate Coordinator for Schools
Networkmaine, University of Maine System UMS:IT

Web: erate.networkmaine.net

Email: [log in to unmask]

Phone: 207-581-3584

Mail: