NETWORKMAINE-ERATE Archives

Networkmaine ERate

NETWORKMAINE-ERATE@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Anne Perloff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Networkmaine ERate <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 2020 07:45:32 -0500
I have a bit more information to provide on this subject.

*Which Year's Data Should Be Used*

USAC is interpreting the recent FCC order DA-20-1218 on this subject to
mean that due to the impact COVID-19 may have on current data, FY2019
enrollment and NSLP data can be used in place of FY2020 data.

From the order: *"Typically, applicants should provide full-time enrollment
and National School Lunch Program (NSLP) data as of October 1 prior to the
filing of the FCC Form 471, or use the most current figure available, but
we recognize that it may be difficult to report student enrollment and NSLP
numbers as of October 1, 2020 due to COVID-19."
(https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments/DA-20-1218A1.pdf
<https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments/DA-20-1218A1.pdf>)*

Therefore, as I previously advised:

   - use 2019 numbers if you believe them to be the most accurate
   - use 2020 numbers if you believe them to be the most accurate

In either case, make sure to verify that the numbers in your EPC profile
are correct as they could have been modified during PIA reviews.

*Entering C2 Enrollment Numbers*

Again, you can use either 2019 or 2020 numbers.

The big gotcha here is that as near as I can tell, *only two* Maine school
districts are considered to be "large" for the purposes of E-Rate - *PORTLAND
SCHOOL DISTRICT and RSU 17*

Your C2 Budget is calculated by entering one aggregated district C2
enrollment number in EPC and taking whichever number is *higher for the
district as a whole*:

[image: image.png]

*All other districts:*

*All other school districts are "small" and should enter your C2 enrollment
on a per-school basis. *This is the only way to maximize your C2 budget so
you can take whichever dollar amount is *higher for* *each school*.

[image: image.png]

Anne Perloff
Maine State E-Rate Coordinator for Schools
Networkmaine, University of Maine System US:IT

Web: erate.networkmaine.net

Email: [log in to unmask]

Phone: 207-581-3584

Mail: