NETANN-L Archives

- NETANN-L - Networkmaine Network Announcement List

NETANN-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Letourneau, Jeff" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
- NETANN-L - UNET Network Announcement List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Sep 2005 10:48:51 -0400
We don't have much additional information to share about last night's
outage (6 - 7pm).  We know what happened but have not been able to
determine exactly why.

The packet shapers on both our Internet links stopped forwarding traffic
(first Orono, then Portland). Both had to be physically reset to get
traffic flowing again.  The statistics we have for the time just before
the outage make us suspect external data flows triggered the event but
we don't have a smoking gun to point at.

We apologize for any inconvenience that outage may have caused.
Jeff
--
Jeffrey Letourneau
Manager of Network Operations