MSG-NEWSLETTER Archives

Maine Sea Grant Newsletter

MSG-NEWSLETTER@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Maine Sea Grant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Maine Sea Grant Newsletter <[log in to unmask]>, Maine Sea Grant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2019 09:59:48 -0500
The Maine Sea Grant College Program invites *preliminary proposals* for
research projects to be funded in the period February 2020 through January
2022.

Maine Sea Grant seeks to foster the highest quality marine research with a
strong likelihood of societal impact in Maine, so only the most creative
and rigorously conceived proposals will receive consideration. We seek to
support projects developed through meaningful engagement with coastal or
marine stakeholders and focused on research questions that are responsive
to the needs of Maine’s communities. We accept proposals aligned with any
part of our current strategic plan. *We also strongly encourage projects
that will advance Maine’s capacity for adaptive coastal resource management
and public policy in response to climate-driven ecosystem change.  *

We anticipate an estimated $600,000 will be available to support research
projects over the two-year funding period. Maine Sea Grant will consider
funding proposals up to $150,000. Maine Sea Grant intends to fund as many
excellent proposals as is possible; projects with requested funding below
the maximum amount and those that show strong leveraging of funding are
encouraged. Total two-year requests over $150,000 in Sea Grant funds
(including all direct and indirect costs) will not be considered. Proposed
research must show 50% non-federal match at the preliminary proposal stage,
including source and level of available non-federal match. Proposals
without sufficient match will not be considered.

*Preliminary proposals are due Monday, March 4th, 2019*

Maine Sea Grant is administered by the University of Maine, but the
research competition is open to faculty and staff at any public or private
research or higher education institution in the state.

For further details, guidelines, and forms, visit our website
<http://seagrant.umaine.edu/funding/research>.

Prospective applicants are encouraged to contact Dan Weaver, Research
Coordinator (email <[log in to unmask]>; 207 581 4880) with any questions.

Please distribute as appropriate; advanced apologies for any cross-postings.