MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"McKenney, Janet" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
McKenney, Janet
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 2022 20:54:23 +0000
Tuesday, March 15, 2022 @ 3:15 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
https://mainestate.zoom.us/j/85845763727?pwd=VmliNU1pK2VwRjgvaDZvK01zeVFTUT09<https://mainestate.zoom.us/j/86834928350?pwd=eUV4anJVcm5rb05yZDBxS2NIbnNwdz09>
Meeting ID: 858 4576 3727
Agenda:
KN95 mask distribution will begin tomorrow. We experienced a delay in distribution due to some conflicting information from CDC and OSHA that has been resolved.  Read more at the MSL website and in the MSL document, KN95s and CDC/OSHA <https://www.maine.gov/msl/libs/services/documents/MSLKN95Information-Web.pdf> requirements.
Use the KN95 opt in form <https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SendMasks> to request masks if you have not already done so.  We have received requests from 126 libraries.
Construction Funding for Public Libraries. There are opportunities for public library construction projects in the upcoming year:

  *   U.S. Treasury Coronavirus Capital projects<https://home.treasury.gov/policy-issues/coronavirus/assistance-for-state-local-and-tribal-governments/capital-projects-fund>,
  *   ALA's Libraries Transforming Communities: Accessible Small and Rural Communities<https://www.ala.org/tools/librariestransform/libraries-transforming-communities/access>
  *   Possible District Directed funding.
  *   Please fill out this construction needs survey<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LibraryConst> if you have a current construction project or are planning a project, no matter what size.
MSL LSTA Five Year 2018-2022 Plan Evaluation<https://www.maine.gov/msl/libs/lsta/documents/MAINEFINALREPORT-3-10-2022.pdf> completed and posted
MSL new Five Year Plan for 2023-2027. IMLS Guidelines<https://www.imls.gov/sites/default/files/2021-03/fiveyearstateplanguidelines2023-2027.pdf> for the plan. The new plan process - timeline and meetings will be posted soon. We will seek input on statewide goals and programs.
Reminder to submit your ARPA Funds Follow Up Report!

  *   Reports due by June 15, 2022. Follow Up Report instructions<https://www.maine.gov/msl/libs/grant_projects/documents/ARPA_FollowUp_Report_Instructions.pdf>; Sample Follow Up Repor<https://www.maine.gov/msl/libs/grant_projects/documents/FollowUp-GrantLifecycleManager.pdf>t both in PDF format for guidance
Bendable Maine Updates
We have Bangor Public Library, Maine State Library, Lewiston Public Library and Portland Public Library as our large hubs and 12 other libraries that will serve as the region's Bendable Ambassadors/Champions. In discussions with a couple more libraries so we have good state coverage. Drucker and MSL will hold a virtual session on local content in the next two weeks and will post that Zoom invite.

Update on Content: We will distribute a document this week

  1.  Local content providers
  2.  National content providers
  3.  Community Collections
  4.  Career Collections