MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"McKenney, Janet" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
McKenney, Janet
Date:
Sat, 8 Jul 2006 10:28:01 -0400
A reminder and further clarification:

If you are a public library and connect to the Internet through MSLN you are required to have a current, updated technology plan to comply with federal E-rate rules.  Each year the Maine State Library applies for E-rate money on your behalf (you sign a Letter of Agency each year giving MSL permission to do this).  So technically you are receiving E-rate money for your Internet connection.

MSLN public libraries that do not submit a current or updated technology plan will lose their MSLN connection July 1, 2007.

First, fill out the form so we know what tech plan option you have chosen.
http://www.maine.gov/msl/libs/tech/plansurvey06.htm <http://www.maine.gov/msl/libs/tech/plansurvey06.htm>

Next, if you choose Option 3, you need to register at WebJunction's TechAtlas and "partner" with the Maine State Library.
Step by step directions can be found at the MSL website:
http://www.maine.gov/tools/whatsnew/index.php?topic=LibRural&id=22148&v=Article <http://www.maine.gov/tools/whatsnew/index.php?topic=LibRural&id=22148&v=Article>

If you are updating or working on a new technology plan you may find TechAtlas a very helpful tool.

Thanks, and as always, feel free to email or call me with any questions, or if you need assistance.

Janet