MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"McKenney, Janet" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
McKenney, Janet
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2022 23:13:47 +0000
Recap of Statewide Zoom meeting, Feb 8 @ 3:15 pm

The recording of the meeting has been posted at the MSL Coronavirus<https://www.maine.gov/msl/libs/services/Coronavirus.htm> webpage, top of the right hand column.

Direct link for<https://www.maine.gov/msl/libs/services/Feb82022_1840342027.mp4> your convenience.

Next meeting scheduled for March 8, 2022.

Discussion Overview

Maine ED Forum 2050
Jennifer Chace, Executive Director of Education Action Forum of Maine<https://edforumofmaine.org/>  discussed the Maine ED Forum 2050 project. Maine ED 2050 is a statewide project to bring communities, educators, and youth together to discuss how education and schooling can be designed for personal, civic, and economic thriving in the next few decades. Libraries can play a key role in the project as a trusted convener and a center of community learning. We are asking Maine libraries in every county to consider playing a role in getting your community excited to participate and sharing a signup link right on your website.  There is more info in the Ed Forum 2050 information [PDF].<https://www.maine.gov/msl/libs/services/documents/MaineED2050.pdf>  Please email Jennifer Chace at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> if you would like to host a community conversation.

Masks - Responses to Maine Procurement

After looking and comparing RFQ responses I will order KN95s since speed of delivery, how they are packaged, as well as cost will factor in.

We will send to all libraries who would like a supply - via van or USPS.

Bendable Maine

Survey - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BendableHubs

Interested in

1.  Becoming a Bendable Maine Hub, and/or

2.  Reviewing, evaluating, and recommending content, and/or

3. Learning more about community collections process

Poll results - Circulation and Foot Traffic
1.Has your library's circulation returned to pre-pandemic levels?
Yes - 14; No - 39
2.Has your library's foot traffic returned to pre-pandemic levels?
Yes - 7; No - 46

Janet McKenney
Director, Library Development
Maine State Library