MEEOA-L Archives

MEEOA-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Alan Parks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2019 10:10:09 -0400
Dear Friends and Colleagues,

Where would your TRIO program be without the Council for Opportunity in
Education? The answer is: *Terminated*!

As I’m sure you are aware, one way you can help the COE keep funding,
advocacy and training in place for your students and programs is through
your donation to *Fair Share*. It’s a painless way to help on an ongoing or
annual basis. The increased funding you are receiving is due largely to the
work of the Council to organize and train you to educate Congress and by
the Council’s direct outreach to Congress. If you’re not doing so already,
it’s time to pay the piper. And if you are, can you do more?

Fair Share ends this month. Maine has a long way to go to reach and exceed
our 2019 Fair Share goal, as we have done in the past. But we can do it!
Every new dollar you give between now and June 21, *excluding ongoing,
regular donations*, will be matched by donations from Karen Keim, David
Megquier (retired) and myself (retired), up to a total of $1,000. Your
dollar instantly becomes two dollars. But we’re hoping we can far exceed
$2,000.

Will you help? It’s easy: Use attached the form or go to
http://coenet.org/donate.shtml. There you can click to donate online using
a credit card or download a *Personal Contribution* *Form* to mail in a
check.

As soon as you do, please email me at [log in to unmask] to let me know the
date and amount you donated so we can keep track. And while you’re at it,
consider making an ongoing pledge for the 2020 Fair Share year in July.

How much can you do to help assure that your programs will be there for
your students?

—Alan Parks, retired

Former Maine TRIO director

P.S. Watch your email for updates on our progress!