MEEOA-L Archives

MEEOA-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Mary Sinclair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 2021 08:40:05 -0400
Hello all,

Today kicks off the NEOA Conference, and I sure wish I was in a hotel in
Portsmouth today, seeing all of you. I can tell you, there is already a
deposit down on the same hotel for April 13-15, 2022, so put it on your
calendars now!

Our MEEOA State Business Meeting is today at 4:30pm. Here are some
important pieces of information:

   - While this is part of the NEOA Conference, we wanted everyone to be
   able to attend so it is being hosted on a separate Zoom. If you are
   joining NEOA, you will be redirected at that time. If you are not, here
   is the link <https://maine.zoom.us/j/4357761869>.
   - The meeting is scheduled for 4:30-5:30pm, but realistically, we have
   so much to cover! You may want to plan to meet until 6:00pm.
   - Our slate of officers is not filled yet. If you would be at all
   interested in serving on the board next year, please chat with me, Steve
   Visco <[log in to unmask]>, or Sam Prosser
   <[log in to unmask]>. We would be happy to talk about
   possibilities for you!
   - Lisa Black sent an email on March 23 with info about today's meeting.
   That included minutes from our January meeting and proposed Constitution
   Changes. I am including them here as well, and look forward to having a
   discussion about this with you all!
   - Voting for the officers and Constitution changes will happen next week
   via email. Make sure you are up to date on your MEEOA membership to be able
   to vote. You can confirm with Kate Walsh if you are unsure.
   - Agenda for today's meeting is attached.

Finally, I want to thank Tony, Casey, and Chris for all their work for the
TRIO and GEAR Up Advocacy Day yesterday, as well as all of you who attended
and encouraged your students to attend. It was a fun event and I encourage
you to take a look at the padlet
<https://bowdoincollegeub.padlet.org/ginny82/MEEOA_advocacy_day>Ginny had
the students work on during the event.

See you soon,
Mary

*Mary Sinclair*
Student Services Coordinator, Upward Bound
<http://www2.umf.maine.edu/upwardbound/>
University of Maine at Farmington
252 Main Street, Farmington, ME 04938
207.778.7429 (w) 207.712.2930 (c)
Toll Free: 1.888.237.1667
pronouns: she/her
UB Goes the Distance 2020
<https://sites.google.com/umfupwardbound.org/ub-goes-the-distance/home?authuser=1>

*President, Maine Educational Opportunity Association
<https://www.meeoa.org/index.php?id=1>*