MEEOA-L Archives

MEEOA-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Sydney Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2024 10:29:00 -0500
Good morning all,

I hope you have had a restful weekend to recharge after the excitement of
MEEOA Con this year. As I mentioned during the business meeting, Advocacy
Day will be held on Thursday, March 7th this year, which is a day the
legislators will be present and in session. The event will start as close
to 8:30 as we can to engage our legislators before they need to leave and
attend their caucus meetings (beginning at about 9:15) and will end by
11:30.

Attached you will find a PDF version of the invitation provided at the
MEEOA Con. The first page contains a QR code linking you to the RSVP form,
which you can also access here
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeC7shQqVJphDOfphhvuOgcXnhuKuAcvFcRfRf-Me_sS5RtVQ/viewform?usp=sf_link>.
The second page of this invitation provides information regarding your
program's direct Representatives and Senators, as well as a draft email you
or your students could use to create a connection with your
respective legislators, encouraging them to attend the event and learn
about the good work you do within their districts. You can access the link
to the Representative's data bank here
<https://legislature.maine.gov/house/house/MemberProfiles/ListAlpha> and
the Senators (by District) here
<https://legislature.maine.gov/senate/district-listing/9526>.

More information and details will be sent out as the event approaches. In
the meantime, I hope you all have a wonderful start to the new year and I
look forward to seeing you at the State House in March!

My best,
Sydney

Sydney Brown (she/her)
Confidential Resource Advisor
Proudly serving:
University of Maine Farmington & University of Maine Augusta

Contact Information:
UMF - (207) 778- 7840
Ed Center Room 323