MEEOA-L Archives

MEEOA-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Ginny Ward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2024 21:01:34 +0000
Hi all-
Sharing some additional not-so-great news about FAFSA timelines. https://www.nasfaa.org/dear_students_colleges_are_not_receiving_your_fafsa_information Thank you to Nicole Cloud for sharing this with me yesterday!

I'm sure this is incredibly stressful for our colleagues in financial aid, as well as for our students whose financial aid awards will be even more delayed than we anticipated. Does anyone know if colleges are starting to consider moving May 1 deadlines to a later date?

Best,
Ginny
Dear Students: Colleges Are Not Receiving Your FAFSA Information<https://www.nasfaa.org/dear_students_colleges_are_not_receiving_your_fafsa_information>
Today, the White House and U.S. Department of Education officially announced that institutions will not receive FAFSA applicant information until the first half of March, further delaying an already sluggish process.
www.nasfaa.org

Ginny Fowles Ward (she/her)
Associate Director

Bowdoin College Upward Bound
3400 College Station / Brunswick ME / 04011
Cell: 207-841-7539
Office: 207-725-3565
Zoom: https://bowdoin.zoom.us/my/ub.ginny
Why pronouns matter<https://medium.com/gender-inclusivit/why-i-put-pronouns-on-my-email-signature-and-linkedin-profile-and-you-should-too-d3dc942c8743>