MEEOA-L Archives

MEEOA-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Rebecca Colannino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2018 18:23:26 -0400
Hello MEEOA,

We are hosting a happy hour at Woodmans on Wednesday, April 25 from
4-5:30PM at Woodmans in Orono. Woodmans will donate 50% of the bar tab
during that time to our program. All (100%) of the profits from the evening
will support our student's travel to the conference.

Why are we fundraising? One of our current Upward Bound Math Science
students, a junior at Nokomis Regional High School, has an amazing
opportunity to travel to the ISER XII Symposium in England this summer with
her UBMS mentor, Dr. Matt Dube, and several other UMS faculty/students from
Witter Farm. Her 2018 UBMS Individual Project research, *The Effect of Age
and Breeding **History on Thoroughbred Foaling" *was selected for
presentation. The Symposium has awarded her a $700 grant and we are helping
her to fundraise an additional $1000.

Of course, donations can be made without attending the Happy Hour by
contacting Rebecca Colannino, UB Program Director, at
[log in to unmask] donating through the UMaine Foundation UMaine
Alumni Foundation
<https://securelb.imodules.com/s/300/13-ORONO/foundation/index-social.aspx?sid=300&gid=13&pgid=748&cid=1912>