MEEOA-L Archives

MEEOA-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Sara Henry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 2021 14:17:19 -0400
Dear Colleagues,

I have attached a professional source titled
*Supporting Students with Long COVIDIn Higher Education*. The guide is the
result of a collaboration Jane Jarrow, from the Disability Access
Information and Support <https://www.daisweb.com/>, spearheaded with over
30 disability services providers and other professionals who have been
working together for the last month or so. The workbook is geared for DS
professionals but has information and resources that could be useful to a
variety of people who assist students in higher education. The document is
organized such that it contains information about Long Haul COVID itself as
well as practical information about getting started, doing an intake,
questions to explore, facilitating accommodations, strategies, tips, and
resources. We tried to write it in such a way that it isn't prescriptive,
rather a guide that can help professionals as they navigate this new
condition.

*"Long COVID describes a wide range of new, returning, or ongoing health
problems people can experience four or more weeks after first being
infected with the virus that causes COVID-19**2. Even people who did not
have CO VID-19 symptoms in the days or weeks after they were infected can
have post-COVID conditions3. These conditions can have different types and
combinations of health problems for different lengths of time4.*

You are welcome to share this resource with colleagues in your networks.

Sincerely, Sara

Sara Henry
Director, Student Accessibility Services
University of Maine
118 E Annex
Orono, ME 04469
207-581-2319 Phone
207-581-9420 Fax
umaine.edu/studentaccessibility
YouCanBookMe <https://sarahenryumainestudentaccessibility.youcanbook.me/>

*Pronouns: she, her, hers*

*Student Accessibility Services is open and staffed Monday through Friday
7:30 - 4:30. Meetings can be either face to face or online via Zoom. To
schedule a meeting you can call the SAS office at 207.581.2319, call me
directly at 207.581.2316, reply to this email, or visit my YouCanBookMe
<https://sarahenryumainestudentaccessibility.youcanbook.me/> website. *
*Thanks  *