MEEOA-L Archives

MEEOA-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Steve Visco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 2020 17:00:00 -0400
Good afternoon MEEOA,

I know we all have a ton going on right now, but I wanted to send out a
brief update on a few things that are going on from the MEEOA and NEOA
front.

*Policy Seminar* - Policy Seminar, including the legislative visits and the
Department of Ed updates, will be held only online. We were able to cancel
our hotel rooms with no penalty, but we are not yet sure about our flights.
If you are interested in attending the Department of Ed update now that it
is a webinar, registration has been opened back up.

*NEOA Conference* - As you all have probably seen by this point, the NEOA
conference has been cancelled. We are working out some of the details
still, and we will send more information out as it becomes available.

*NEOA Business meeting* - We will be looking to hold our NEOA business
meeting remotely, including voting. We are still figuring out the mechanics
of how this will work, but I believe this meeting will still be on the day
it was originally scheduled, April 3rd.

*MEEOA State Meeting* - We are also going to try to hold our business
meeting, most likely via Zoom. I will send out more information on this
when we have it, as well. Our Executive committee is meeting next Thursday
via Zoom, so I expect we will send out another update at that point.

*Elections* - Which reminds me, we are still looking to fill out our slate
for elections. In particular, Conference Chair! If you are interested in
this or any other role, please contact me or Mary Kate Barbosa, our
Nominations chair.

*Fair Share* - One concern is that with the cancelling of Policy Seminar,
COE has taken a big financial loss. I haven't heard the exact details yet,
but it was expected to be significant. In the next few months, we are
hoping to put out a push to increase MEEOA's Fair Share contributions.

If there are any other areas that you believe MEEOA can help, or where you
have concerns, please let me know!

More information coming soon,

Steve

--