MEEOA-L Archives

MEEOA-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Terri Plummer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jan 2021 13:38:00 -0500
Hello MEEOA,

Policy Seminar is just around the corner! So, here is a friendly reminder
to nominate one of your alums for the 2021 Council for Opportunity in
Education Policy Seminar (https://coenet.org/policy_seminar.shtml) which
will be held virtually from March 22-24, 2021.

Candidates chosen to attend Policy Seminar will have an opportunity to
share with Maine's Congressional Representatives and Senators about the
impact of their participation in a TRIO or college access program, such as
educational and professional goal attainment, and the importance of
continued and increased funding for these programs. All candidates should
have:

1) the ability to speak articulately and communicate their story to Maine's
Congressional delegations and staff, and
2) academic, professional, and community achievements, activities, or
contributions.

We have divided the nomination form into two parts so that you can submit
your portion of the information and have your nominee submit theirs using a
separate Google form. Please submit your nominations using this Nominator
Form <https://forms.gle/ip3TMFzS6ZMwQPPx8> and have your nominee submit
their information using the Nominee Form
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://forms.gle/PdQi9vMsJ9644t8t6&sa=D&source=editors&ust=1611948847600000&usg=AFQjCNGXRlqP7BF6t5KJUJR44ttGZsKWgg>
by February 19, 2021.

If you have any questions regarding this nomination form, please let me
know. I look forward to seeing your nominations!

Thanks,
Terri

--
Terri Plummer, Director
TRIO College Programs at the University of Southern Maine

Strengths: Learner, Strategic, Achiever, Communication, Intellection

Schedule an appointment with me in my Portland office at:
https://terri-plummer.youcanbook.me

Join TRIO's Facebook page at:
https://www.facebook.com/TRIO-Student-Support-Services-at-the-University-of-Southern-Maine
<https://www.facebook.com/TRIO-Student-Support-Services-at-the-University-of-Southern-Maine-257333287673579/>