ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2013 18:34:13 -0400
James - Most Frozen Four venues are sold out, often well ahead of time.
Exceptions were last year (80-90% full and a few years ago when they tried
Ford Field in Detroit (indoor football stadium in a ghost-town).  They
normally play in an NHL rink with 18-20,000 capacity.

They've kept the price at about $200 for a few years, just this year
raising the cost of lower bowl tickets about $30 (15%) for the set of 3
games.

Perhaps you are thinking of the NCAA Regional site games?  They are often
sparsely attended.

That said, there are a hundred or two Maine jerseys at every Frozen Four
even when Maine is not, and many hundred when Maine plays.

With the economic downturn, the NCAA has changed from selling a chance for
tickets in April to an online pick-your-seats more or less in October and
has added an online facility to buy-sell tickets.   Both more friendly to
patrons and the latter eliminates scalping for those that know about the
facility.

Still, cost is a strong consideration every year for me.  Have you seen
Football and Basketball prices?  Hockey is not in that league!

Cheers, Wayne

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 5:06 PM, Acheson <[log in to unmask]> wrote, in
part: