ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 16:11:15 EST
In a message dated 3/12/2004 3:57:01 PM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> Manchester = short drive, few tickets, nasty UNH fans
> Albany    =  long drive, plenty of tickets, no UNH fans
>
> Maybe a Manchester Regional is worth an HEA Tournament title?  Sure.

If we're a No. 1 or 2 seed (which would put us in Manchester), we get to play
an unranked team like Holy Cross or Bemidji State in the first round, and
probably an 8-9 or 7-10 seed in the second round.

If we're ranked 3 or 4 after the Hockey East tourney, we go to Albany, but we
have to play a ranked team in the first round and probably a 5 or 6 seed in
the second round.  There's a big difference between Michigan State/Notre Dame
and Holy Cross.  I think I'd even prefer playing UNH in Manchester to playing
Michigan or Denver in Albany.