ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:32:27 -0400
Actually, when I look at the preseason articles from the UMaine sports info people and by Chad Finn, a UMaine undergraduate who wrote for the Friends of Maine Hockey newsletter, the Ferraro twins got top billing, then Kariya.  Both articles referred to 2002-2003 as a "rebuilding year" for Maine, which had lost Hobey Baker winner Scott Pellerin, two-year captains Mike Barkely and Martin Robiltaille, and five other seniors to graduation, in addition to losing Jean Yves Roy a year ahead of schedule when he signed a contract with the New York Rangers.