ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 04:53:22 EST
The replay of Trattnig's third-period penalty showed the BC player's skates started sliding out from under him as he tried to make the turn towards the goal.  Yes, Matthias had his stick in front of the BC player, but I don't think the stick caused the fall. As S. Hayes says, at best the call was marginal, and not the type of call that should create a 5 on 3 with three minutes to go in a 2-1 hockey game.

Did the call affect the outcome of the game?  Who knows. Maine was putting the pressure on, but BC was playing well, too.  It sure made the last three minutes less interesting.

Re. Bob Norton and Sean Grande, I didn't have any problems with their announcing Saturday night. Norton didn't see Trattnig's penalty the same way I did, but so what?  I don't think he or Grande were negative in their commentary at all.  Sure, I enjoy Carr and Smith, but I think Maine fans are grown-up enough so that they can watch a hockey game where the announcers aren't part of the team.