ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Jim Baines <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 12:30:50 -0500
I always muse at people who say that "the announcers were against us."  We
Maine fans have a reputation for being ultra-sensitive, and this is
perpetuated when people react to the negative things brought up by those
covering the game.  You have to accept the bad with the good, folks.

I honestly can't think of a better college hockey analyst than Bob Norton.
His knowledge of and enthusiasm for the game adds plenty to the broadcast.
I really missed him when ESPN chose not to use him in the 1999 Frozen
Four.  I can't say that I really noticed Grande one way or the other, so he
must have done a good job.

As for Carr and Smith, I don't think I could have said it any better than
Mr. Wollstadt did.