ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Anthony DelMonaco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anthony DelMonaco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Dec 2011 09:40:35 -0800
Regardless of what is circulating on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or this list, he should be shaking in his boots. There is a graph on the Facebook page showing the program's winning percentage from 1981 until the present. Since Shawn's last recruited class in 2006, the program has gone from a sub 700 winning percentage to a sub 500 winning percentage. The only people who continually under achieve, yet get to keep their job AND get a raise every year are meteorologists!

While I can agree things have gotten more expensive and season tickets are a luxury that end up on the chopping block when times get tough, why haven't ticket sales of people who ordinarily wouldn't get tickets not gone up? It wasn't too long ago that you couldn't get a ticket for UNH/BC/BU, now you can walk up 5 minutes before the game and get one.

Tony