ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2001 09:46:24 EST
I thought by now that this would have been addressed by the list - perhaps
only a few have been affected. Has anyone who has reservations at the Crowne
Plaza for the Final Four (NC$$ cannot tell me what to call it!!) found out
that their reservations have been cancelled?? It seems the NC$$ decided that
they needed the whole hotel and have booted everyone else -even those who
have reservations since last May. I am writing to see if anyone else has had
contact with the Sales Director. I have been playing phone tag all week, so I
do not know what they are doing about it except a friend of mine who is in
the same circumstance has demanded equivalent accomodations and at least a
free parking pass at the Crowne for the convenience of parking nearby. If
anyone else has made other arrangements with her, it would be interesting for
"negotiation" purposes. This is just another example of how the NC$$ impacts
the lives of the common man (in a negative way, of course)!!!

Regards,

John