JOEBOX-L Archives

Joebox User

JOEBOX-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Andrew Henry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joebox User <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 2013 09:52:09 -0400
Just as an addendum to this, I wanted to note that we advise you be
on-site if possible during the upgrade, or at least be available to go to
the site.  We have very rarely encountered an issue where the Joebox does
not reboot properly after the upgrade, and in that case it needs to be
power cycled to correct the problem.  Additionally, although we have not
yet experienced any problems with this, it is advisable to test things
behind the Joebox after the upgrade to make sure everything continues to
work as expected, just to avoid an unhappy surprise the next morning.

If you are not planning to be on-site during the upgrade, please be sure
to provide us with contact information so we can reach you in the event we
encounter a problem during the upgrade.

--
Andrew W. Henry
NOC Coordinator