JBS-L Archives

- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine

JBS-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Sally Rooney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 19:49:38 -0400
Hi Lauren--

No I do not know where she dound it but can find out.

Before you get too excited about this, I am certain that there are several
species of perfectly harmless Myriophyllums in Flagstaff. My friend brought
some down to some Lake Survey group and they couldn't identify it to species
and so she is going to collect me some in the spring and then we should be
able to get it to species. M. heterophyllum is invasive, but it is native,
as far as I have been able to determine. I don't think that my friend
thought she had Myriophyllum spicatum, which is Eurasian and very invasisve.
Does ME have that one yet? Let's hope not. Let me know if you want me to ask
her where she found this in Flagstaff.

Sal