From:
Andy Weise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Mar 2019 16:59:08 -0400
I’ve never seen this before, but everyone around me (including myself) thought the whistle should have been blown. It appeared that the net was stuck to Galajda’s helmet or his jersey. If the referee saw this, then there’s no reason not to stop play. If nothing else, Galajda couldn’t have tried to stop a puck...forget about injuring himself trying to get untangled. If the rule is that play can continue as long as the pegs are in place, that’s fine. But the official needs to realize the goalie could be hurt or interfered with and then stop play.

As for the potential offsides, we all also thought it was offsides with the naked eye. I don’t think that Clarkson cleared the zone in time. That said, I watched the replay of the game and there wasn’t enough evidence to show that.

Regardless, it was a very well and evenly-played game (officiating aside). Both teams deserved to win.

-Andy