From:
Jeff White <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1993 13:25:34 EST

An NC$$ query:  is it true that NC$$ Div. I schools, as St.
Bonaventure (formerly), Canisius, UConn, Fairfield, Iona, Holy Cross
are allowed to have hockey programs that play, essentially, Div. III
schedules?  I understand that the seven "countable"  (i.e., for
Div. I elegibility) men & women's teams at these scools MUST play a
certain percentage of their games/matches against Div. I opponants
and satisfy certain other criteria but that the "non-countable" sports
(i.e., above the seven) are not held to these standards:  these "non-
countables cannot go to post-season, but are not penalized or
stigmatized in any other way.  Have I got it right?

Thanks & best regards,

Jeff White                   *      *                  *
Department of Classics                *           **            *
St. Bonaventure University                              *
P.O. Box 64                         "E quindi uscimmo a riveder
St. Bonaventure, NY  14778                le stelle."
(716) 375-2235 (O)
(716) 373-3598 (H)

[log in to unmask] (Internet)