Date:
Thu, 27 May 1993 05:44:28 EDT

> But seriously, if it's so dang important to the NC$$ (or anyone else) to
> avoid ties, then why don't they just do in the regular season what they do
> in the playoffs -- play overtimes until somebody scores.  There wouldn't be
> THAT many 4 OT marathons...

I would be opposed to this.  It won't happen often, but God help the poor team
that plays a multiple-overtime game on Friday night and then must travel to
another game on Saturday.  I'd rather settle for a tie than put the players
through that physical meat-grinder.

--
Jon Greene
Data General Corp., Westboro, MA