College Hockey discussion list <HOCKEY-L@MAINE>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 90 13:56:43 EDT
 I'm afraid I don't have too much information about the upcoming Olympic
 Festival in Mpls-St Paul, but I'll give you what I know and promise you more
 soon! The Opening and Closing festivities will be in the HHH Metrodome
 (awesome place).
   The Olympic torch began its' run through the state on June 3rd. The venues
 are all over the Mpls-St Paul area, but mostly concentrated at the U of Minn,
 Augsburg College, Macalester College, St. Thomas College and St. Mary's
 College. The new Natatorium at the U of Minn is suppposed to be a top notch
 facility, but it sits in the field area of the old Memorial Stadium which
 makes it look quite silly. The athletes will be housed at the U of Minn dorm
 superblock, Augsburg, and St. Thomas. There are a lot of non-athletic events
 planned on the U of Minn Minneapolis campus. A pin exchanging and socializing
 place will be near my office, east of Northrup Auditorium. I look forward to
 trading the pins I have been collecting with other fans. The Hockey games will
 be out at the Met Center in Bloomington. The place to meet for sports fans on
 campus is at Stub and Herb's bar at the corner of Oak Street and Washington
 Avenue. This is the before and after games congregating place for many Gopher
 fans. I'm sure any one on this list who is based here in the Twin Cities will
 be happy to help out any visiting fans. As for which players to watch, I'll
 have to get back to you. I'm not even sure at this point which Gophers made
 the team!!! Carol White, U of Minn.