From:
Greg Gdowski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greg Gdowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 1994 09:42:10 -0500
>>   Accusing BU road fans of being fickle was insulting, as it came across as
>> a blatant attack on all BU fans in the way he referred to "BU fans running
>> out in the last minute removing their replica jerseys."  In the BU section,
>> none of us ever leave early (The rest of us would not stand for it).
>>

>I did not mean to post a mindless woof, but this statement is especially
>ironic considering how empty the BU section of the Garden was with as
>many as 10 minutes left in tonights game.
>--Matt

Yes Matt.... this was a mindless woof... How ironic that there was no
mention of the outcome of the game. I thought Harvard played a great game.
They scored their fourth goal around 12:15am with 10 minutes left to
seal the game after a nice rush by BU. I cant say I was happy with the
outcome of the game, but I was impressed by Harvard.
        I stayed for the entire game. Im not going to try and justify the
departure of every fan. BU only gets 2000 tickets to sell to its students.
Matt... did you count the number of fans in our section?
The remaining 12000 tickets or so goes to the other schools and the garden.
Could it be possible that you miscounted those other fans as loyal BU fans
who didnt want to see Harvard win? (woof woof ;-)  ) The other possibility
is that they didnt want to be seen removing their BU sweaters in the
hot garden (woof woof....)

The last train out of the garden was at 12:40. It wouldnt surprise me if people
left to get on the last train.

Being a loyal BU fan like Tony, I found the latest woofs offending. It seems
that every time a top 10 team gets defeated, the ratio of woof mail to real
mail increases.

Its interesting how past woofs keep resurfacing.
I think I'll hold on to your woof Matt... It was only the Beanpot. Remember
what happened to BC a few years back.

                                        -Greg
Dept. of Biomed. Eng.
Boston University