From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 1994 08:59:00 PST
Scott Quakkelaar <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>what's the deal with michigan giving up more than 20 shots on goal?  as
>long as i can remember (about 20 minutes in most cases) they would give up
>17, maybe 18;  but 27 or 30 shots on goal was unheard of.

Here's a table I put together at the start of this season when
I was trying to convince someone that Gordon faces more shots than
Shields does.  (I also believe that Gordon faces tougher shots,
but I don't have any means of quantifying that.)

The Sh/Gm is shots per 60 minutes.  As you can see, Michigan has
yielded about 26 shots per game over the last three years.  This
season, the Wolverines have allowed 25.29 shots per 60 minutes.
I haven't broken it down individually, but Gordon is again seeing
more rubber than Shields is.

I hope this helps.

Chris Gordon
Year      Minutes   Shots     Sh/Gm