From:
"Day, Barbara" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Day, Barbara
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 0100 12:39:22 -0400
I personally would welcome the NCAA final 4 to Orlando.  Then again it is 45 minutes for me to the TD Waterhouse Center (was the O-rena until last month) and 24 hours to the Pepsi Center in Albany.

The arena in Orlando is very nice and there are a lot of nearby resturants in the refubished Church Street area.  Of course there is more than enough hotels that all can find reasonable lodging.

Yes Orlando is not a hockeytown but the Orlando Solar Bears (IHL) games are well attended and the ECHL has 4 teams playing around the state of Florida, not to mention the Lightning and Panthers of the NHL.

Those in Boston might like the Sarasota Red Sox, those in Minn might like the Ft. Meyers Twins, those in New York City might like the St. Lucie Mets or Tampa Yankees.

Like it or not, the NC$$ want to increase the populatity of the Frozen Four and going to places like Anaheim or Orlando every now and then will help popularize the sport.  I doubt that the Frozen Four will remain "just as it is".

Jim Dixon
UA Fairbanks `90, `91

--

Jim Dixon