From:
MR ADAM C WODON <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MR ADAM C WODON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 1996 18:02:42 EST
-- [ From: Adam Wodon * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

> No doubt not so many years ago it may have been
> "acceptable" to observe that a player was Italian, or
> Jewish -- characteristics no longer considered worthy of
> note.

Being from a Jewish family - I do still note Jews in hockey -- but only
because there are so few.  There may be less Jews than there are
Blacks.  I know there are only 3 in the NHL -- Ronnie Stern, Mathieu
Schneider (and I forget the 3rd).  And Schneider used to tell stories
of anti-semitic remarks coming from other players, though I haven't
heard anything about that in a few years.
   As the note implies, it doesn't really matter, but it is interesting
-- are there any Jews in college hockey?

AW