From:
MR ADAM C WODON <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MR ADAM C WODON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Apr 1996 13:55:52 EDT
-- [ From: Adam C. Wodon * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

> A sharp-eyed friend notes that Tim Thomas in on the US
> roster at the Worlds in Vienna.  Does this mean he has
> mailed in the semester, perhaps even that he has signed (I
> dunno who holds his rights)?

Tim Thomas may very well go pro soon, but this has nothing to do with
that.

I'm not sure if he's there, but I don't think he is.  I think he's just
listed as an alternate or something.  That's because I read an AP story
saying that the only goalie right now for the US is Parris Duffus (out
of Cornell).  And it said the coach was upset Guy Hebert didn't want to
play, and he was looking for another goalie.

BTW, the story said Duffus played great in a 3-1 loss to Russia, and it
made a point of saying that the US' best player that day was one that
never even played in the NHL. Duffus is quoted as saying he hopes this
can get him into the NHL soon.

AW