College Hockey discussion list <HOCKEY-L@MAINE>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 90 11:02:51 EDT
 *****FOR MIKE@APOLLO*****  YOUR ADDRESS NOT RECOGNIZED BY MY SYSTEM.
 SORRY!!!
 *** Forwarding note from C-WHIT  --UMINN1   06/28/90 09:57 ***
 To: M@APOLLO--APOLLO

 TO:  Mike
 1.FAVORITE TEAM AND HOW LONG FOLLOWED?
     I have been following the Univ of Minnesota Gophers since the 1971-72
 season when I came here to attend school.  I do like College Hockey in gen-
 eral, but the Gophers are #1 with me.
 2.CLOSEST TEAM?
     Closest to the Gophers although now with St. Cloud State making the Div.
 I list, I'll be near them too.  Our local channel 29 also occasionally does a
 delayed broadcast of some UM-Duluth games on late-night TV which I tape and
 watch later.
 3.WHERE LIVE AND WHAT SCHOOL?
     I live in Minneapolis, Minn.  I work at the Univ of Minnesota and take an
 occasional class.  I do get the campus' newspaper every day.
 4.INTEREST?
     I am basically a die-hard fan, but I know Coach Woog's secretary and a few
 other people in the Athletic Dept.  I will be able to send whatever info I come
  across to the list about the Gophers and other WCHA teams.
 5.HOW MANY GAMES?
     I am a season ticket holder with the Gophers, the WCHA tournament, and the
 NCAA tournament (which is in St. Paul again this season).  So I see about 28
 games here live, I also make at least one "road trip" to Duluth or Grand Forks
 to see the Gophers play there.  We also get some coverage from ch. 29 of about
 6-8 away games. I guess that makes about 38-40 games a season.  We also have a
 Junior Varsity squad that plays in Mariucci and there is "summer" hockey four
 nights a week from mid-June thru the end of July.  Whew!!!  I can almost always
  get a "hockey fix".
 That's about it.  I'm looking forward to seeing all the answers to the poll.
 Carol W.